Monday, June 29, 2009






last week i took a road trip to the southern part of the south korea. i was surprised how different it was compared to seoul. the sky was everyday blue, the traffic was okay and there was much less people. and mountains. there were mountains everywhere! in one village where i stayed overnight, at 4 am a song was played to wake up everybody. the day starts there a bit earlier. people had much darker skin and often didn't cover themselves from the sun as much as in seoul. they were also very friendly and kind. it was a really nice experience.

6 comments:

hiki said...

These images very much remind me of a country town in the southern part of Japan I visited last year. It's closer to Korea so it's not such a surprise though. I guess the city of seoul looks pretty much like tokyo anyway! Thank you for the nice and relaxing post, perfect for the monday morning ;)

Unknown said...

beautiful pictures!!

gini said...

waou beautiful!!!
gini

Catherine said...

I love your photography. Does it take a long time to get all the images processed and then post them? Also, how do you post the two photos side by side? I'm trying to get a photoblog going and I hate the resizing/looking for a place to host photos/formatting. :)

monaka said...

hiki: i would love to visit country side Japan one day. i think that tokyo and seoul are quite different in many aspects but i do agree that there are some similarities.

Agnieszka: thank you

gini: Korea is truly beautiful

Catherine: thank you. i don't process my pictures much as i don't really know how. i use lightroom and usually i just adjust exposure, sometimes saturation and punch preset. i keep my photos on flickr so i just grab the url from there and paste it to the post. you can get two pictures next to each other by placing two url's next to each other without break line. im not really good at using HTML but if you have more questions i could try to help.

natsumi said...

Oh, these are lovely photos and reminds me of my hometown in Japan! I have never been to south korea before but I would love to visit there one day!